If you have a GeForce graphics card, you can use the GeForce Experience app to install drivers automatically. If it doesn’t say "Nvidia" — it might say "Intel" or "AMD" instead — then you don’t have an Nvidia card, and will need to download your drivers in a different way. Luckily, you don’t need to pull the card out of your computer to update its drivers.
Things like webcams, printers, computer mice, keyboards, and so on are all usually usable with your computer after being plugged into the computer and left alone for a few minutes. You may need to update your drivers manually, but you usually won’t have to install them manually.
When you connect a new device to your Windows computer, the operating system automatically detects it and starts searching for an appropriate driver in its library. If one is found, all you have to do is wait for it to be installed. Sometimes, Windows also asks you to reboot your computer after the driver has been installed, so that it can be enabled and used.
It’s extremely important to know what you’re potentially installing before even downloading it. If you see a message that says "The best drivers for your device are already installed" appear after a moment, your selected item is up-to-date.
You can just download new drivers, much like you would update a regular app. If Windows does not have a fitting driver for your new device, it can also use Windows Update to search for a driver online.
- As a general warning, always download the required software from the manufacturer’s website, not from a rehosting site.
- These factors make it more difficult and dangerous to diagnose problems.
- Unless you use a niche device that doesn’t offer updates through Windows Update, you usually don’t have to worry about keeping drivers up to date.
- The built-in Windows Update service on your PC generally keeps most of your drivers up to date in the background.
- In computing, a device driver is a computer program that operates or controls a particular type of device that is attached to a computer.
Ways To Detect And Install Network Drivers Offline
This wikiHow teaches you how to install and update software drivers for items on your Windows computer. Most items will install drivers automatically when connected to your computer, but if the item’s drivers aren’t properly updated, the item may not work correctly. Chipset.infonly needs to be run once after installing your operating system and before installing your drivers. You do not need to update this file because it is not a driver. A printer driver is software that your computer uses to speak to a physical printer, which may be connected to your computer or to another computer on your network.
How do I install device drivers?
Installing driver from Microsoft 1. Open Start.
2. Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the tool.
3. Double-click the branch with the hardware you want to update.
4. Right-click the hardware and select the Update driver option.
5. Click the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
If Microsoft’s servers have a driver for your device, then you must wait for it to be downloaded and installed. Usually, most Intel hd graphics 5500 driver drivers are installed automatically on your operating system.
How can I install Bluetooth?
Find and tap the Bluetooth device you want to pair (optional). If you’re pairing a new Bluetooth device with your Android, the device name will show up under the "Available devices" heading. Just tap the device name to connect. Make sure your Bluetooth device is also turned on and in pairing mode.
When you purchase your printer, it often comes with discs that include the software needed to complete the setup process. Drivers are locally installed, meaning on your computer.